Some of you had asked what games we think are safe, fun and wholesome for kids under 5.
There are a lot more games targeted to this age group now than it was before. Games like Sesame Street, Kinectimals, Happy Action Theater are increasingly popular with kids in this age group.
In general it is safe to say that unlike Wii and other games that have something to hold in hands and has the potential to be hurled at people or TV, Kinect has no such issue.
So, physically it is a safe bet.
As far as content, level of difficulty and age appropriateness goes, the following are the games our community has tried and liked so far.
A larger list of games we recommend for kids listed by age (toddler, 5 years, 10 year, 10 + years) is here.
|Your kid’s age||I recommend||Why|
|Typical Sesame Street age. I would say 3-6 years is the sweetspot||If the kids already like Sesame Street on TV, why not make is more fun? This keeps them physically active and offers some simple learning as well
|This bundle has one toddler-friendly game and the other is for a bit older kids||This bundle deal at Amazon is the best deal out there. We think they will sell out at this price.||
|4 years or older, specially if they love Disneyland||Disneyland
|3 years or older(OK. may be an overactive yet patient 2 year old as well)||Kinectimals||
|3 years or older(I think this game has a nice range. 3 to 8 year olds would love this equally)||Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster||
|3 years or older. This game also caters to a nice range of ages. Toddlers to 6, 7, 8 year olds||Fantastic Pets||
|6 years plus||Kinect Sports 2 Kinect Sports Season Two||
- Xbox Kinect games for kids under 10: popular game reviews (kinectforkids.com)
- Sesame Street Kinect is really TV first, game next (kinectforkids.com)
- Kinect or Wii for kids? Is Xbox Kinect better than Wii, Move or PlayStation? (kinectforkids.com)
- Sesame Street Kinect Is the Gift to Get Your Kids Off the Couch (mashable.com)
- Common Questions: Is Kinect good for kids? Is Kinect good for weight loss? Is Kinect good for exercising? Is Kinect good for really little kids? (kinectforkids.com)