Cyber Monday continues I suppose. We bought ours already and just saw this deal announced. Much better savings than what we got on our bundle. This one includes Xbox 360 4GBwith Kinect. If you kids are looking to get Kinect, this is probably the best deal out there. Get it while it lasts. Click below.
Xbox Kinect bundle deal gives you 80 dollars back
Note: Make sure you follow the instructions carefully to get the 80 dollar Amazon gift certificate.
If you already have Xbox and Kinect , simply looking for games kids love, check this listing out for Kinect games our community recommends for the age groups 3 to 12 years.
Earlier this week, Xbox users got a serious upgrade to the dashboard technology. The new user experience is very exciting and social (kind of like iPhone or Windows Phone).
The best feature for kids is the voice interaction and not having to reach for the remote EVER! (I am sure moms would love this feature)
They can simply turn on the Xbox and say ‘Xbox’ followed by name of their favorite game to play. For example, they can say “Xbox Kinectimals“ and that’s it.. the game automatically gets loaded and read to play. If you already own Kinect sensor, it even does the face and voice recognition and brings us the kid’s favorite apps to the front of line.
There are still some kinks in the navigation and consistency of command recognition, but we think this is a serious turn towards a great living room experience.
For adults, the TV integration is going to popular. Xbox integrates ESPN, NBC, SyFy, Netflix, Hulu nicely in to this content mix.
Read further about this upgrade here.
Microsoft’s Kinect turned one. It is almost a year ago that they launched this cool technology that changed the way kids play games. Microsoft had the following video to show Kinect’s applicability in other areas as well.
Recently we heard about Kinect’s usage in hospitals, schools etc.
Enjoy the video. well made.
Kinect is a breakthrough technology in gaming today. But this is a technology that is FUN and COOL for almost everyone in the family. We bought it early to make sure they don’t sell out before Christmas. But here is why we think Kinect makes sense as an exciting chirstmas gift for kids, toddlers and teenagers.
(As always, please share with our community your own comments and experiences with Kinect Xbox 360)
- Saves you money!: If you have more than one kid, you will spend a fortune buying individual controllers, the batteries etc. With Kinect, 4 kids can play together WITHOUT any controllers. Controllers are a thing of the past now. Why bother buy, charge, lose, get chewed up by your dog etc?
- Spending time as family during holidays: Kinect games such as Kinectimals, Kinect Adventures and Dance Central give you a variety of options for everyone in the family to play and experience together. You don’t need to ration separate play hours for each kid. Family can do play most of these games together.
- Sharing crazy pictures and videos with other family members and friends: For the holidays when everyone is home, isn’t it really cool to be able to share your kids pictures and videos in playing poses with the connected family and friends over Xbox? We love this feature.
- Kinect is a technology jackpot: Kinect includes a state of the art camera ( better than your webcam)Not only is it cable-free, battery-free and hassle free, Kinect makes watching videos (ESPN, Movies,Netflix) really fun. Kids can now navigate the screen like Sci-Fi robots themselves using their hands.
Some of you asked me which games I would recommend based on our family’s experience.
Here is what I would do based on the kid’s age group. Pick and choose from the list if you have more than 1-2 kids.
|Your kid’s age
|3 years or older(OK. may be an overactive yet patient 2 year old as well)
- Visually compelling for this age group
- Controls and tasks well designed
|6 years plus
- We like the variety of sports
- Setting to make it easy or challenging is a plus
|6 years plus
||Kinect Joy Ride
- DON’T BUY THIS
- Download the demo instead
||Biggest Loser : Ultimate Workout
- Good for weight-conscious kids
- Entire family can wok out
|Adults and kids 10 years plus
- BEST GAME on Kinect today
- Non-dancers will enjoy it too
||Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
- Very good controls
- Tracks all body parts well. Effective guidance given